Wednesday 19 October 2011

Pear Frenzy Part 1

Pear Crumble
Mmm Mmm Mmm. That pretty much sums up my feelings toward this crumble! I am a crumble lover, the oats and brown sugar, the crumble, the sweetness, how can you not fall in love! I especially love the nutmeg and pear together, they make a good pear (you knew there was going to be puns!) But if you're a cinnamon lover just make a switch! I would really like to thank my cousin Nicole who helped us bake and who took these fantastic pictures! I would also like to thank my Uncle Sal who provided us with these Mini Cocottes !
Mini Pear Crumbles
Everybody talks about the apple crumble...but what about pear?! I can't get my mind off pear! It's sweet, juicy, and when you put it in a crumble, IT'S FANTASTIC! Not only is it pear crumble but it's personal, you get to eat them from your own mini pot! How cute! But the flavour in this crumble is pearticularly pearfect (as my brother would say)!

Print This Recipe

INGREDIENTS

4-5 pears, cored & sliced
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
2 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon
2/3 cup melted butter


DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Evenly place pear slices at the bottom of each mini cocotte. 
2. In a bowl mix together remaining ingredients, mix well.
3. Sprinkle evenly over pears, press down on each top.
4. Put all mini cocottes on a pan.
5. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown and there is bubbling around the edges of each mini cocottes.
6. Serve warm.
MAKES 8 MINI COCOTTES CRUMBLES

No comments:

Post a Comment